5.31.2007

Mini Meta Post (Day 29)

It finally happened.

I'm failing my mission. I started this blog in an attempt to write a little bit each day on my first year in New York. I the past week, however, I've been writing more like very other day - sometimes every third.

It's all my fault, I suppose. No one to blame but myself. I'm the one who found a job within a week of arriving here, and I'm the one working 40 uneven hours of work a week and losing the energy to write every nite.

Likewise, I'm the one who came to New York with no place to live other than on my friend's couch, thus forcing me to spend what time I have to peruse the internet on craigslist looking for sublets so as not to overstay my welcome.

So this is an apology to you the reader albeit an empty one. A promise that "I'll never do it again", isn't following, nor is any real guilt towards you.

The guilt I feel is from feeling as though I've failed my writing experiment within the first month of taking it on. I can tell myself (and you) that I'll try to do better, or that I'll be more diligent, but in the end all I can do is write a post that sounds apologetic but isn't in order to decrease the number of posts I have backed up.