5.19.2007

Making Movies (Night 19)

One of my favorite past times is wearing my mp3 player while walking or riding around whatever town I live in. Sometimes I watch conversations and imagine what's being said, and sometimes I watch the scenery and make my own music videos - while not even being high.

Last nite I started There Is A Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths as the Q train was pulling away from Canal St. towards the Manhattan Bridge. The sight of Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge lit up at 11 o'clock at night appeared just as the first "...To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die" was ending,and the song ended as the train went into the tunnel on the other end of the bridge towards Dekalb Ave.

As the lights in the tunnel led the train into Dekalb Ave., U2's Electrical Storm started. The sonic properties of Bono's vocals played off the blue and white lights until we pulled into the station and people exited the train as "...You're in my mind all of the time..." was sung.

I'm interested to find out if I'm alone in my film making, or if other people make their own movies in their mind as well. Send me a comment and let me know.