5.06.2007

Day Seven

10:18am - I wake up later than I wanted to and grab a quick shower.

10:47am - I head out and take the Q train into Midtown for my second interview with Starbuck's.

11:33am - I get into Midtown a little early, so I decide to try and find some breakfast - or at least some juice as my throat is killing me. 7th Ave. is fairly empty and a lot of the little shops are closed so I have to walk an extra block or two to an open news stand.

On my way up, there's a group of slow-moving adults taking up the majority of the sidewalk. The square around 40th St. lends me the oppurtunity to pass by them, however upon moving to pass them, I hear one of the women say, "...ask him where Levy Place is!" It's at this point that I speed up so as not to have to answer their question. I don't know where Levy Place is anyway.

I get to the news stand and pay $2.10 for a 16oz. Welch's Juice Drink. It kind of hurts, but it's Mango Passion Fruit and really good.

12:12pm - During my interview, a panhandler comes into the store and starts asking customers for change. The assistant manager informs him he can't do that in the store, and the man leaves shouting, "Fuck you, you fucking fat piece of shit bitch."

12:27pm - While standing outside Starbuck's (after my interview), I start to hear the faint sound of the song, "I Want to Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston. I turn ot my left to see a bandanna-clad black man blasting the song on the boombox he's carrying on his shoulder.

2pm - After doing some window shopping to figure out how much new work clothes will cost me, I hop a Q train back to Brooklyn.

The rest of the day has been pretty relaxing. I showed Cait how to cook steak and steam asparagus while making dinner for her, Josh and I. We've played some guitar, done some writing, made some phone calls and all in all had a nice Sunday evening.